Device compatibility validation verifies whether your app is compatible with its target devices, which may also include pre-release devices. The focus of this validation is on UI/UX (user interface/user experience) for each target device.
What You Get
By ensuring that the app is compatible with current and upcoming target devices, you can be confident that your new app is compatible with the Samsung device ecosystem.
The following compatibility checks are performed:
- Form factor compatibility: UI/UX verification of the app on the Samsung mobile device you selected. Testing is performed using one representative device per device family (e.g. one Galaxy Tab 3, one Galaxy S 6, etc.)
- Pre-release device compatibility: When available, testing is performed on pre-release devices, subject to Samsung policies and regulations.
- Legacy device compatibility: By request, verification of UI/UX will be performed on three generations of legacy Samsung devices (e.g. targeted testing on Galaxy S 5, Galaxy S 4, and Galaxy S 3 smartphones).
Once testing is completed, you will receive the following:
- Test report (summary of results and any issues found)
- Issue logs
- UI/UX recommendations if available
- Additional data as appropriate
What We Need
You must provide the following information to support testing:
- Target device list (up to 5 devices)
- OS supported
- App documentation (including setup and test accounts if required)
- Release notes
- Up to 10 high-level core functionality test cases (optional)
What We Do
The following testing and validations will be performed:
- Sanity testing (a quick test to determine that the app works roughly as expected)
- Device compatibility validation
- UI/UX validation