This section provides details about the data entry and pricing of commercial in-app items sold with freely or commercially distributed service applications.
Commercial Item Data Entry
- When commercial item information is changed, the changes will apply to all service applications that use the Item Group to which the item belongs.
- An Item Group Title cannot be changed. However, when a new binary file is added or the service application is re-registered, the Item Group Title will be reset.
- For commercial items registered to a service application:
- Item title, description, image file, price, payment method, and country settings can be changed at any time without adding a new service application binary file or uploading a later version of the currently registered binary file.
- Item ID, type, and duration settings can be changed ONLY by adding a new service application binary file or uploading a later version of the currently registered binary file.
- However, Item Add/Delete can be done while Registering/Updating applications.
Adding or deleting items can ONLY be done when initially registering a service application or updating a service application by adding a new service application binary file or uploading a later version of a previously registered binary file.
Commercial Item Pricing
For commercial items sold within free or commercial service applications, the end user pays the country-specific item price at the time of the transaction displayed in the local currency.
The country-specific item price is governed by the following:
- The Seller Office account holder sets the standard USD item price.
- Each day's rate of exchange for each distribution country is applied in order to the standard USD price in order to produce the default country-specific item price.
- The Seller Office account holder can set another country-specific item price at any time.
- When the country-specific item price is below the country minimum item price, the country-specific item price is automatically changed to the country minimum item price.
- Carrier tier item prices are set for each country and each carrier.
- When the Seller Office account holder applies phone bill payment for a distribution country:
- If the current country-specific item price does not match a carrier tier item price, the country-specific item price is changed to the nearest available carrier tier item price.
- The Seller Office account holder can select any available carrier tier item price, which becomes the country-specific item price.
- When a free or commercial service application that sells commercial items is automatically distributed to a new country because SAMSUNG Galaxy Apps becomes available in more countries… was checked, the standard USD item price or the country minimum item price (when higher) will determine the initial country-specific item price of the commercial items.
- Each country can set a minimum price, minimum price increments, minimum price unit, maximum phone bill payment price, and minimum phone bill payment price.