In-App Purchase (IAP) version 4.0 adds the following features:
- IAP functionality is provided by Samsung Billing: IAP processing is now supported by Samsung devices because they are pre-loaded with Samsung Billing.
In-App Purchase (IAP) version 3.0 and later provide:
- Additional payment method support: Users can now pay via credit card, prepaid card, and phone bill in over 90 countries around the world.
- Auto-recurring subscription support: Auto-recurring subscriptions now allow service app developers to sell subscription items every month with automated, recurring billing. This is unlike non-recurring subscription items, which require the user to explicitly purchase a new subscription.
- Customized item ID support: For each of your registered product items, the Samsung Galaxy Apps Store issues a 12-numerical digital ID. IAP v3.0 now enables you to additionally assign custom alphanumeric item IDs, such as COIN, wand, and monthlyBulletin05.
- Method to get a cached Purchased Items list: IAP version 3.0 adds a new method to get cached Purchased Item lists for a specified number of purchased items. The original method returned all purchased items lists by setting an index and date as parameters. The new method gets the purchased items list for only the specified product item IDs. Additionally, the new method gets a faster response because client caching is supported.
- ItemGroupId replaced by the more intuitive PackageName: ItemGroupId (12-digit ID issued by the Galaxy Apps Store to identify your service app) is no longer used. In IAP v3.0, PackageName now identifies your service app.
- Develop test modes: You can test the entire In-App Purchase process without the risk of making actual financial transactions (with actual credit card billing) by enabling either of 2 IAP developer test modes. However, be sure to set the normal operating mode prior to uploading your APK for distribution so that actual payments from your customers can be completed.
IAP v2.0 and later provide:
- Ensure independence between service apps: The IAP service is provided as an Android™ package.
- Communicate with third-party service apps: By means of the Android Interface Definition Language (AIDL).
IAP v1.0 linked the payment service to the service app using a jar library.