In this step, you build and run your Gear VR app or game.
For other steps in this exercise, see Exercise 5: Add a Screen Fader Effect.
To build and run your Gear VR application:
- From the Unity menu, select File > Build Settings.
- From the Build Settings window, make sure the Scenes In Build section lists the following two files in order:
- Workshop/Scenes/Splash.unity (0)
- Workshop/Scenes/Main.unity (1)
- Make sure the Platform is set to Android and Texture Compression is set to ETC2 (GLES 3.0).
- Connect your device to your machine via USB and click the Build & Run button.
- In the Build Android dialog box, name your APK file and click Save.
- Once Unity has finished building your app, an Insert device message will appear on your device. Disconnect your device from the computer, then connect it to your Gear VR to view your finished app.