In this step, you build and run your Gear VR app or game.
For other steps in this exercise, see Exercise 2: Create a Splash Screen.
To build and run the application:
- Connect your mobile device to your computer via USB.
- The first time you connect the device to your computer:
- The Allow USB debugging? dialog box will appear on your device.
- Check the box next to Always allow this computer, and then tap OK.
- Return to Unity. From the Unity menu, select File > Build Settings.
- In the Build Settings window, click the Add Current button to add your splash scene to the Scenes in Build list.
- While still in Build Settings, confirm that Texture Compression is set to ETC2 (GLE 3.0).
- Click Build And Run
- In the Build Android dialog box, name your APK file and click Save.
As the app builds, you may be prompted to specify the location of the Android SDK root folder on your machine.
- After Unity has finished building your app:
- Hhe Insert device dialog box will appear on your device.
- Disconnect your device from your computer, connect it to your Gear VR, and review your scene.