In this step, you apply materials to an object.
For other steps in this exercise, see Exercise 2: Create a Splash Screen.
To apply materials to an object:
- With the Box_Inv object selected, go to the Inspector view and locate the Mesh Renderer component.
- Expand the Materials section. Here you will see a Size property and several Element slots. The Size property dictates the number of Element slots. In this case, there are six - one for each side of the inverted box object. Changing the materials in the Element slots will change the background image for the splash scene.
- From the Project view, open the /Assets/Workshop/Materials folder. There are six different Box materials, each with a number appended. These numbers correspond to the Box_Inv object's Element slots in the Mesh Renderer > Materials setting.
- Drag the Box_0_Back.mat file into the Element 0 property field.
- Repeat Step 4 for the five remaining Element slots.