The Accessory SDK provides a single communications protocol that you can integrate into your Samsung smart device and accessory device apps that:
- Supports multiple connectivity technologies, such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth classic, and BLE (Bluetooth v4.0).
- Eliminates connectivity issues and dealing with network protocols.
- Enables you to configure Accessory Service profiles and roles for Accessory peer agents.
- The Accessory File Transfer SDK allows you to transfer files between devices using any type of connectivity supported by the Samsung Accessory Service Framework.
- Enables your users to:
- Control their smart device remotely from their accessory devices (for example, controlling music volume)
- Provide notification relay or alarm
- Find their smart device
Need Help? Have Questions? Follow the Samsung Accessory Protocol links below.
Get technical support from the experts. It’s free! Join the Samsung Developer Program here.
|SAP Home page||Samsung Accessory SDK download, release notes, programming guide, API reference, and more||http://developer.samsung.com/galaxy/accessory|
|SAP Programming Guide||Samsung Accessory Programming guide to develop applications on Samsung smart devices and accessory devices||http://developer.samsung.com/galaxy/accessory/guide|
The following links are to important webpages for Web companion apps. Other webpages in the Web (Companion) section are also helpful.
|Web Companion App Advanced Setup||Setting up a companion Web app project: installing Tizen Studio, preparing devices, and installing Android Studio and Samsung Accessory SDK||http://developer.samsung.com/gear/develop/creating-your-first-app/web-companion/setup-sdk|
|Packaging a Web Companion App||Adding Android Manifest permissions||http://developer.samsung.com/gear/develop/creating-your-first-app/web-companion/configuration|
The following links are to important webpages for native companion apps. Other webpages in the Native (Companion) section are also helpful.
|Native Companion App Advanced Setup||Setting up a companion native app project: installing Tizen Studio, preparing devices, and installing Android Studio and Samsung Accessory SDK||http://developer.samsung.com/gear/develop/creating-your-first-app/native-companion/setup-sdk|
|Packaging a Native Companion App||Adding Android Manifest permissions||http://developer.samsung.com/gear/develop/creating-your-first-app/native-companion/configuration|