Learn how to create custom themes, wallpaper, always-on displays (AODs), and icon packs for Samsung mobile devices, and market your designs using the Samsung Theme Store. The Samsung Theme Store has a huge collection of themes in many different categories, allowing customers to browse through and find a theme that suits their unique style.
- Financial Benefits: Creating Samsung Themes can benefit financially the most talented developers. The Samsung Theme Store reaches an estimated 60 million customers across 180+ countries worldwide. Top Theme developers can put money in their bank accounts with Theme products that combine unique designs and elegant functionality.
- Elite Club: Only a handful of developers have their Theme products chosen to be included in the Samsung Theme Store. You need:
- An original concept: Have users seen this before? If not, then try your hand at creating this theme.
- Interesting original design: Create your own artwork, take your own photos, dream your own theme. Use your development and design skills and well-crafted artwork to implement your theme concept.
- A complete portfolio and application: Many applicants are rejected for simple reasons, such as filling out a form incorrectly or using content they found on the web. Make sure your design is your own and all application information is in order before you submit your portfolio. For tips about successful portfolio submission, see Tips for Successful Portfolio Review.
Get Started with Samsung Themes
Here's what you need to do:
- Sign up for a Samsung account (if you don't already have one) (https://account.samsung.com/membersh...vieInfoList.do).
- Prepare your portfolio. See About Theme Partnership Accounts.
- File a Theme Service Partnership Request (https://account.samsung.com/account/check.do).
Note: The review process takes from 4 to 6 weeks.
- Once your application has been reviewed and approved, download and install the Mobile Theme Editor (Install the Samsung Mobile Theme Editor).
- Obtain the correct Seller Office account.
- To distribute your theme commercially, you need a commercial Seller Office account.
- To distribute your freely available theme, you need either a free or commercial Seller Office account.
If you don’t already have a Samsung Seller Office account, you can create one here. Be sure to use the Developer option:
If you already have a Samsung Seller Office account:
- Find more information about getting started with Samsung Themes.
- How can we help you with your theme development? Register for the Samsung Developer Program via the JOIN NOW link below, and then submit an SDP ticket via the Contact Us link below. A Samsung expert will get back to you within one week.
- Discover Theme Products
- No image available
- A theme application is a skin that customizes the device UI to reflect the underlying concept, mood, brand, or other design factors. Themes consist of wallpapers, text, fonts, text color, sound, and other UI features. You can attract new customers with Samsung Themes, and you don't need development experience in order to create a theme.
- Design and Develop Theme Products
- No image available
- The Samsung Mobile Theme Editor makes it easy to design your own UI themes, wallpapers, always-on displays (AODs), and icon packs. This section describes how to install and use Samsung Mobile UI Theme Editor to create customized UI themes for supported Android devices.