Samsung In App Purchase (IAP) version 5.0 provides the following new features:
The four existing, complex product types (consumable, non-consumable, non-recurring subscription [NRS], and auto-recurring subscription) have been simplified into two types (item and subscription).
Version 5.0 provides a new API set and does not support the API set from previous versions. The new API set has the following major characteristics:
- Supports Managed Items: As of Version 5.0, the IAP system manages the history of owned consumable items. With this information, the IAP system can prevent items from being repurchased before purchase is completed and guarantees item provision in case of an unexpected event, such as a network or battery problem.
- Owned Product List: This function is used to provide lists of current unconsumed items and available subscriptions, not a purchase history. Upon launching an application, this function calls getOwnedList. If lists of unconsumed items exist, they must be released using the consumePurchasedItems function.
- Product Details: This function provides not only a list of all products, but a list of requested products.
- Pass-Through Parameter: This is a type of transaction ID that a developer creates and sends when there is a payment request, which responds with the same value for the processed IAP payment result and is used to enhance security.
Samsung IAP version 4.0 provides:
- IAP functionality is provided by Samsung Billing: Samsung devices that are preloaded with Samsung Billing support IAP processing.
Samsung IAP version 3.0 provides:
- Additional payment method support: Users can pay using credit cards, prepaid cards, and phone bills in more than 90 countries.
- Auto-recurring subscription support: Auto-recurring subscriptions allow service app developers to sell subscription items every month with automated recurring billing.
- Customized item ID support: For each of your registered product items, the Samsung Galaxy Apps Store issues a 12-numerical digital ID. Samsung IAP v3.0 enables you to assign additional custom alphanumeric item IDs, such as COIN, wand, and monthlyBulletin05.
- Method to get a cached Purchased Items list: Samsung IAP version 3.0 adds a method to get cached Purchased Item lists for a specified number of purchased items. The original method returned all purchased items lists by setting an index and date as parameters. The new method gets the purchased items list for only the specified product item IDs. Additionally, the new method gets a faster response, because client caching is supported.
- ItemGroupId replaced by the more intuitive PackageName: ItemGroupId (12-digit ID issued by the Galaxy Apps Store to identify your service app) is no longer used. In IAP version 3.0, PackageName now identifies your service app.
- Develop test modes: You can test the entire In-App Purchase process without the risk of making actual financial transactions (with actual credit card billing) by enabling one of two IAP developer test modes. However, be sure to set the normal operating mode before uploading your APK for distribution, so that payments from your customers can be completed.
Samsung IAP version 2 .0 provides:
- Ensured independence between service apps: The IAP service is provided as an Android™ package.
- Communicate with third-party service apps: By means of the Android Interface Definition Language (AIDL).
Samsung IAP version 1.0 linked the payment service to the service app using a jar library.