Galaxy Apps and Theme Store Badge URL and Image Terms & Conditions
Developers like you help power the Galaxy Apps store and the Theme Store and create unique experiences for Galaxy mobile device and Gear device consumers. Samsung welcomes you to promote your apps with a badge that sends your customers (Samsung mobile device users) to your Android or Gear app's product detail page in the Galaxy Apps store, or to your Theme app's product detail page or your entire Theme app product line page in the Theme Store, or sends desktop PC and non-Samsung mobile device users to a help page that guides your customers to those pages.
After you submit a badge request and have been approved, Samsung will generate and send you an app sharing shortURL (badge URL). You can link a Galaxy Apps or Theme Store badge image to your badge URL and use them in your marketing media (including websites, social media, and email), and use your badge URL alone in social media (including Facebook and Twitter).
Terms & Conditions
These terms & conditions govern your use of badge URLs and images. Samsung, at its sole discretion, retains the right to change these terms & conditions at any time.
By submitting a request for a Galaxy Apps or Theme Store badge URL, you agree to abide by the following:
- Badge URL Requests: All requests for the generation and termination of badge URLs will be reviewed by Samsung for approval at its sole discretion.
- Badge Usage: After generation, you can use your badge URL and the appropriate badge image in any of your marketing materials and communication channels.
Dos and Don’ts of Badge URL and Image Use:
- Do not edit or modify your badge URL or any badge image.
- Do display badge images at a large enough size so that all badge text is readable.
- Data Collection / Retention: When you submit a request to obtain a badge URL, you will be asked to provide the contact information of the SDP account holder requesting a badge, the Seller Office account holder of the badge app, and/or anyone else in the company associated with the badge request (if applicable). Samsung will store the email addresses of contact personnel to support communication regarding the badge service (for example, service changes). Samsung records and reports badge URL usage data for your use and Samsung’s use.
- Terminating a Badge URL: Samsung at its sole discretion may render a badge URL invalid and nonfunctional due to the following circumstances: low badge URL or badge app usage, Samsung approval of a badge URL termination request submitted by the badge URL requester, or badge URL termination initiated by Samsung at its sole discretion.
- Communications: For all communications pertaining to a badge URL, Samsung will communicate with both the SDP account holder who requested the badge URL and the Seller Office account holder who registered the badge app.
- Badge Component Changes: Samsung retains the right at any time to change badge URL domain names, to change badge URL tags, and to change badge images.