Android App Promotion
- Last updated
Save as PDF
The Samsung ecosystem promotes your Android apps (that integrate Galaxy SDK and/or In App Purchase SDK features) with: the Galaxy Apps store (main user entry point), product detail pages, your own product line page (with all of your Android apps), and more Galaxy Apps store features
The Android apps sections of the Galaxy Apps store, available to Galaxy mobile device users, promote your paid and free Android apps. This section explains Samsung promotion specifically for Android apps. For details about how Samsung supports you and your own promotions, see Promoting in Your Own Marketing and Media Channels.
Promotion in Galaxy Devices
Samsung promotes your Android apps to Galaxy mobile device users with the following.
Galaxy Apps Store for Android Apps
Galaxy Apps main pages are the main entry points:
- Users can get all paid and free Android apps and to selected apps (based on downloads and Samsung promotions):
- TRENDING - promoted apps and events, highest download apps, and all apps (in categories)
- GAMES - promoted and highest download game apps
- EXCLUSIVE - apps of any type that are only available in Galaxy Apps store
- TOP - free and paid apps ranked by their current number of user downloads
- Banners, app group sets, and/or app group pages link to product detail pages where users can review and purchase Android apps.
The Galaxy Apps store also promotes:
- The Gear Store, which features Gear products (Gear watch face apps and general Gear apps). For details about their promotion, see Gear App Promotion.
- The Samsung Theme Store, which features Theme products (wallpapers, themes, icon packs, and AODs). For details about their promotion, see Theme Product Promotion.
Users can navigate, review, purchase, and download apps via the following:
- You can put Galaxy Apps badges in your marketing material (such as websites, social media channels, and emails).
- Each badge links to either one of your product detail pages.
- For details about requesting a banner, see Badge Promotion.
- App banners
- 1-app banners
- Each links to 1 select app's product detail page or a promotional website outside Galaxy Apps.
- App group banners
- Each links to 1 app group page with all select apps in the group.
- For details about requesting a banner, see Banner Promotion.
- App group sets
- Each app thumbnail links to 1 select app's product detail page.
- VIEW ALL links to 1 app set group page with all select apps in the set.
- App group pages
- List and link to product detail pages of all apps in the group.
- All paid and free apps are listed in category group pages.
- Select apps are listed in custom group pages that contain:
- Apps that meet preset criteria (based on download data or availability)
- Apps promoted by app group banners and set
- Event banners
- An event:
- 1 promotion (related or not related to apps).
- A special offer for 1 or more apps (such as, a reduced price, free in-app items, or other offerings).
- An event banner:
- Links to 1 event detail page or to resources outside the Samsung Theme store.
- Is displayed in the Promotions page and other suitable main pages.
Product Detail Page
Galaxy Apps pages and promotion elements lead to product detail pages.
- Product detail pages contain:
- App info, videos, graphics, and user feedback
- Seller info, contact info, and links to seller resources inside and outside Galaxy Apps
- Users can:
- Review app info, videos, and graphics.
- Link to all of your apps.
- Review information about you and your company.
- Link to your marketing and social sites.
- Share your apps with their family and friends.
- Provide feedback for you and your future customers.
- Samsung generates your page from the information, videos, and graphics you provide in your Seller Office registration, which you can easily change by updating your app registration.
For details about graphic, image, and video requirements of product detail pages, see Product Detail Page Specifications.
Product Line Page
- Lists and links to all of your apps.
- Your customers can:
- Get to the product line page from any of your product detail pages.
- Link to any of your product detail pages.
- Purchase / download any of your apps.
- Samsung generates the page from all of your apps.
Event Detail Page
Event banners link to event detail pages:
- Details about promotional campaigns for:
- 1 event (related or not related to apps)
- 1 or more apps (for example, at a discount price or with free in-app items)
- Links to supporting resources:
- Inside Galaxy Apps (such as product detail pages and app group pages)
- Outside Galaxy Apps (such as websites, social media, or email contact)
- Users can:
- Follow event banner links to event detail pages.
- Review promotion event info, videos, and graphics.
- Link to supporting resources inside and outside Galaxy Apps.
- In response to developer requests for promotion events, Samsung generates event detail pages and support pages inside Galaxy Apps.
Note: While an app promotion event is in effect, users get the event benefits by purchasing / downloading from either: event pages or from other pages (that may not display the promotion).
Users can manage their apps currently on their device and future app purchases and downloads.
- My Apps lists:
- Every app that has been preloaded, downloaded, and/or installed on the user's device.
- Android apps and Gear apps that the user has put in their wish list of future purchases.
- All paid app and in-app item purchases.
- Apps the user has marked for future downloading.
- Users can easily:
- Install preloaded and downloaded apps.
- Open, update, and uninstall apps that are installed.
- Manage their wish list.
- Register their credit card information and coupons to be applied to app purchases.
Promotion in the Samsung Ecosystem
The Samsung ecosystem provides your customers with intuitive methods to navigate to, review, purchase and download, and manage your Android apps.