When an end user navigates to the Samsung Galaxy Apps Store on their device, your service app may or may not be displayed, depending on whether the user's device is located in a distribution country of the service app and whether any of the registered binary files are compatible with the user's device, based on binary/device features and Android™ OS API levels. For your service app to be displayed in the Galaxy Apps Store on an end user's device, at least one service app binary file must be suitable for the user device environment. After the user initiates service app download, the single most compatible service app binary file will be downloaded.
To review current binary/device compatibility:
- For service apps not yet certified, see Service App Registration Procedure.
- For certified service apps, see Reviewing and Updating Details of a Certified Service App.
Your service app will be displayed when the following are met:
- The user's device is located in a distribution country of the service app.
- The user's device is compatible with at least one binary file, based on features and Android OS API level.
Otherwise, your service app will not be displayed.
For example, when a service app binary file is registered with
minSdkVersion= 9 and
- The service app is displayed in the device's app store and can be downloaded to Gingerbread user devices with API Levels 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14.
- The service app is filtered and is not displayed on Froyo user devices, which have API Level 8.
- The service app is filtered and is not displayed on Ice Cream Sandwich MR1 user devices, which have API Level 15.
After the user initiates service app download, the binary file downloaded is determined by binary/device compatibility and the service app version specified in the compatible binary file(s):
- When there is one compatible binary file, that binary file will be downloaded, regardless of the binary file
- When there are multiple compatible binary files AND they have different service app versions (
versionCode), the binary file with the highest
versionCodewill be downloaded to the end user.
- When there are multiple compatible binary files AND all have the same service app version (
versionCode), the binary file that was most recently registered will be downloaded to the end user.