App information can be reviewed any time after it has been registered. An app can be updated in most sub-states of Registration and Sale. An app can only be updated during Validation if it is rejected. After distribution, there may be some consequences when app information is updated. See App Status for more information about states and sub-states.
Updates during registration and before validation
During registration and before an app is validated, you can review and update any of its information and content. You cannot update an app if it is being pre-validated.
Updates during validation and before distribution
During validation and before an app is distributed in the Galaxy Apps/Gear or Samsung Themes store, you can review any of its information and content. You can only update an app if the app was rejected during validation. Before submitting the app for revalidation, add comments about the changes in the Validation tab. There may be some consequences when app information is updated:
- Revalidation is required.
- Depending on the information updated, there may be an additional charge for device testing.
After an app has been distributed in the Galaxy Apps or Samsung Themes Store, you can review any of its information and content. You can update an app at any time except if its sub-state is Beta Deployed. Before submitting the app for revalidation, add comments about the changes in the Validation tab. There may be some consequences when app information is updated:
- Depending on the information updated, there may be an additional charge for device testing or revalidation may be necessary.
- Price information for paid applications and price information for in-app information can be updated without having to revalidate the app.
- If the app is running a promotion (coupon, discount, or banner), if you remove a country or device, the promotion for that country or device is canceled. If you add a country or device, the promotion is not added for that country or device.
- If the app has a waiting or ongoing discount, if you update the price, the discount ends.
Updating your app
To update an app, find the app in the My Applications page and,
- If your app is in the Registering, Re-Registering, or Updating sub-state under Registration, click the sub-state.
- If your app is in the Test Confirmation Rejected sub-state under Validation, click the message icon by the sub-state, then click Re-register Application (correct all issues that must be fixed before resubmitting your app).
- If your app is in the For Sale, Suspended, or Beta Suspended sub-state under Sale, click the Update button.
Update the fields in the tabs of your app (click the app type in each step below to view the tasks for that app type):
- Specify fundamental app information in the App Information tab (Android, Gear, Samsung Themes).