The Samsung In-App Purchase (IAP) service manages the purchase transactions and consumption of:
- Consumable items (purchase whenever needed, use once)
- Non-consumable items (purchase once, use any number of times)
- Auto-recurring subscription items (purchase, use for the length of the subscription, and automatically renew)
Note: Your Gear apps and Gear watch face apps can also sell in-app items. For details, see the Gear In-App Purchase Items section.
Samsung IAP Purchase and Payment Process
- A user decides to purchase one of your in-app items that your app offers (for example, in an in-app store).
- IAP manages the purchase and payment:
- The user confirms the purchase by entering their Samsung Account password.
- The user reviews the purchase details, specifies the type of payment, confirms the purchase, and then executes the purchase.
- Samsung IAP server completes the billing process.
- The user returns to your app, which properly responds to the item purchase processing.